Prom and Prejudice

Reader: Sydney
Age: 15
Title: Prom and Prejudice
Author: Elizabeth Eulberg
Publisher: Point (Scholastic)
Pub Date: 2/00/2011
Galley: Yes
Recommend: Yes
Convince us to read the book: This is a really cute story. It follows Pride and Prejudice surprisingly closely, but the author added a few things that I really liked to help develop the characters.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I really liked this book, because it is a modern day Pride and Prejudice. Most books like this aren't that great, so I was ready for disappointment, but Eulberg pulled it off wonderfully. She followed the main story, but added, not tweaked, some things that I think added to the story.
Cover: The title is what snagged my attention, because it seemed like it would be a spin-off of Pride and Prejudice, which it is.
Did you finish: Yes
Age Range: 14-18 and up
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

No comments: