Adios, Nirvana


Reader: Charlie
Age: 17
Title: Adios, Nirvana
Author: Wesselhoeft, Conrad
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Children's Book Group
Pub Date: 10/??/2010
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: Yes
Recommend: Yes
Convince us to read the book: That "this book is amazing. If you like music, poetry, and red bull this is your book. You will love it, how easy it is to read and how well it's written."
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I would say that most compelling aspect of the book would be how it is written, how it flows. The main character said that you should right from the guy. Just "raw". No corrections. There were no grammar errors but this book definitely gave me the "raw" feeling. This is how a lot of books should be written. This book is so casual but so great at the same time. I felt as though this author wrote this book with ease. That doesn't mean that he didn't put an effort into the book. This was very refreshing form authors that write books in the hopes that a movie is made from it. It felt like Conrad Wesselhoeft wrote this because he wanted to and he enjoyed it because I definitely enjoyed reading every page.
Comments: It is a very weird coincidence that I have a twin sister who was born 2 minutes before me as well. I too have a titanium plate in my leg from breaking it.
Were you disappointed with the book at all: I was not disappointed at all with this book.
Cover: Yes it did. The cover was simple and to the point. The guitar on the front let me know that the book was about, music. The title stood out to me as well, because that too, was simple. Towards the end of the book a guitar becomes engulfed in flames and that is exactly what lies on the cover.
Age Range: Under 12 to 18 and up
Quality: 5Q Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 5P Everyone wants to read it

No comments: