Heir of Fire - YA Review by Greta H



Reader: Greta H.
Age: 17
Title: Heir of Fire
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Pub Date: 09/02/14
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I loved this book, and one big part of that was the huge amount of character development there was for everyone. The protagonist really opens up after two books of being quite closed off, and I ended up liking her a lot more than I did before. She isn't the only one to grow as a character; we get to see this firsthand with the switching perspectives throughout the book. Not every book can successfully pull the switching perspectives off – especially after having a single one for the first two installments of the series – but Heir of Fire does it very well. It makes sense to do so; the reader gets to see Celaena in the new foreign land she's traveled to, but is also able to keep up with things going on with the other characters she left behind. This book is compelling and definitely one I had a hard time putting down, unlike some mid-series books can be. Overall, it is very well written.
Memorable or Forgettable: Heir of Fire was memorable for me because it gave me a new appreciation for the characters of the Throne of Glass series. There were several plot twist points that were very well done and quite powerful. The ending made me extremely excited for the next book to come out!
Cover: I liked the cover. It goes with the first two books. I very much appreciate that it is drawn, and that it depicts the main character fairly well.
Age Range: 14 through 18 and up
Quality: 5Q Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal


tags:  fantasy / action / romance / Throne of Glass series / ya lit




No comments: