Reader: Sabrina
Age: 18
Title: The Fault in Our Stars
Author: John Green
Publisher: Penguin
Pub Date: 1/2012
Galley: Yes
Top 25: Yes
Convince us to read the book: As always, John Green knows how to get the readers attention with his sarcastic humor and witty puns. Compared to other of John Green's books though, there where no black Santa Clause of such. Rather, John Green went into a completely different stylistic realm then usually, while still keeping his writing of style. This book was deep, seeing that the subject matter was cancer, but not over baring with morbid comments here and there.
Memorable or Forgettable: What made this book memorable to me was how realistic it was. Green's description of the characters, their mannerisms, and characteristics came to life in the book. He played out the book very well and let each character in the book be justified by their own means. It was beautiful and interesting to see the difference in how each family was who had children suffering with cancer.
Cover: What tempted me overall to read the book was the fact that John Green wrote it. No matter how shitty the cover is, I will pick up any John Green book that is given to me. Point blank.
Age Range: 16 and up
Quality: 5Q Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 5P Everyone wants to read it
Additional CommentsI just wish that the book An Imperial Affliction existed. I was so excited to read the book after having finished this one. 


In the same token though, this book will be one that I quote just as Hazel Grace had, repeating line by line as my life goes by. 

This book was relatable to me because I had helped one of my relatives suffer with cancer and was there with her through her whole journey. This book seemed very accurate, even though I have not been a patient, of what one might ponder over when having cancer.

No comments: