Dash and Lily's Book of Dares

Reader: Payton G
Age: 14
Title: Dash and Lily's Book of Dares
Author: Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Publisher: Random House
Pub Date: 10/26/2010
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: Yes
Annotation: If you found a little red notebook nestled in with your favorite author in your favorite book store, what would you do? The answer is simple for Dash. He would pick it up, only to discover a gateway into the best relationship of his life.
Recommend: Yes
How would you convince someone to read the book: I would tell them that it is the most ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE book on the face of the planet, with well written plot, and characters.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I liked that it was fluff. I mean to say that while it was fluffy, it also had depth, plot, and well developed characters.
Cover: I have mixed feelings about the cover. I think it reflected the MOOD, rather than the contents of the book (the mood is totally freaking adorable, in case you were wondering.) I wouldn't mind if they changed the cover, but I also wouldn't mind if they left it alone.
Did you finish: Yes
Age Range: 14-18 and up
Quality: 5Q Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 5P Everyone wants to read it

No comments: