The Eternal Ones


Reader: Mollie W
Age: 16
Title: The Eternal Ones
Author: Kirsten Miller
Publisher: Razorbill
Pub Date: 08/10/2010
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: No
Recommend: No
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I liked the setting at the beginning of the book, but then the author drops that in favor of a less vivid New York backdrop.
Were you disappointed with the book at all: I was disappointed because as the book went on it continued to show parallels with the more favorable 'Reincarnation'. I liked the main character's poor family life, and found that to be suitable for the larger-than-life past (no pun intended). But Haven (yeah I know, that's her name) seemed melodramatic and too self-absorbed to hold a reader’s interest.
Cover: The cover was disappointing. At first I thought it was two hands grabbing for each other, which would have been befitting and clever. Then I realized it was a snake. That was a letdown.
Did you finish: No
Age Range: Under 12 to 13
Quality: 1Q How did it get published?
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal

No comments: