The Oathbreaker's Shadow - YA Review by Ruby F



Reader: Ruby F.
Age: 15
Title: The Oathbreaker's Shadow
Author: Amy McCulloch
Publisher: Flux
Pub Date: 02/08/15
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: The Oathbreaker's Shadow was good, but predictable. There were a few typos, which didn't concern me particularly but threw me off a little bit as I was reading. In the two main characters, there was development in only one of them and even that one character didn't have as much development as I'd like. The plot is very refreshing and not cliched, which is the biggest reason for my approval of the book. I'd consider the book mediocre but enjoyable in spite of it. 
Memorable or Forgettable: I enjoyed the culture and time period of the book. I think it needs some fine tuning but its plot is solid and clearly there's been a lot of thought in the society that the author has created in the story. 
Cover: The cover reflected the book's contents EXCELLENTLY!!!!!!! I thought the cover looked interesting and unique and it portrayed the book very accurately. 
Age Range: 14 through 17
Quality: 3Q - Readable
Popularity: 4P - Broad general teen appeal


tags: fantasy / magic / ya lit



No comments: