Season of the Witch - YA Review by Katie J.


Reader: Katie J.
Age: 13
Title: Season of the Witch
Author: Mariah Fredericks
Publisher: Schwartz and Wade
Pub Date: 10/08/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: This was a bad book. It's like a blend of a not-so good Popular-Girl-fighting-against-Unpopular-Girl-for-who-gets-the-Cute-Boyfriend kind of book and a horrible I'm-Harry-Potter-and-I-can-do-magic-without-a-wand-take-that-Harry! Like I said, it's really weird. If you like weird books, by all means, go out and buy it; I won't stop you. But if you don't like weird books, don't get this book.
Memorable or Forgettable: It was forgettable because of the way it had two hemes that could have been good together but just weren't.
Cover: The cover didn't really sway my decision either way.  I guess it works with the book.
Age Range: 12 through 13
Quality: 2Q Needs some work
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal

tags: contemporary / realistic fiction / paranormal / witches / fantasy / ya lit




No comments: