Stolen Car

Reader: David L
Age: 16
Title: Stolen Car
Author: Patrick Jones
Publisher: Walker and Company
Pub Date: 09/??/2008
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: No
Recommend: No
Compelling Aspect of the Book: The idea behind it is awesome. A girl stealing a car for revenge on an evil-thief-boyfriend guy is delicious.
Did you finish: Yes
Were you Disappointed with the book: I was disappointed by Stolen Car. I finished it quickly, but I found myself reading just to get to the "exciting part" for much of the book. The book stayed pretty boring. I started to be simply depressed by the conditions of the MC's family, the disgusting habits of the MC, and her inability to act smart. The whole best-friend fiasco at the end was a dry, boring kind of surprise. There was no build up to it... or there was, but I'd already lost interest. I was looking forward to screaming fast car chases, police, and happy endings. Once again, it didn't happen.
Did the cover reflect the contents: Yes and No. The cover displayed high speed-excitement—the book was a page turner, but the excitement never materialized.
Age Range: 14-15, 16-17
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal

No comments: