Seven Second Delay - YA Review by Caroline H


Reader: Caroline H.
Age: 12
Title: Seven Second Delay
Author: Tom Easton
Publisher: Holiday House
Pub Date: 02/27/15
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I usually don’t like post-apocalyptic books, but this was very likely one of the best books I’ve read. The character development was very smooth, and the plot was well-written, though not necessarily very original. It was funny in a grim, sarcastic way, and the dialogue wasn't especially cheesy.
Memorable or Forgettable: I loved that there was always a sense of real danger, even when the characters were perfectly safe. I also really liked the character development of the many different characters in the book. It was an interesting and suspenseful read, definitely memorable for me.
Cover: I really like the cover on this book. It was eye-catching and reflects the contents pretty well.
Age Range: 12 through 18 and up
Quality: 5Q - Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 3P - Some teen appeal
Additional Comments: I was kinda bummed that the evil Prime Minister got to stay in office and that he didn't get kicked out or assassinated or something like that. It would have made the ending happier, but the actual ending is much more realistic.


tags:  post-apocalyptic / dystopian / suspense / ya lit



1 comment:

Fauzi Sholichin said...

This is a great ppost thanks