Cuckoo Song - YA Review by Cian D.


Reader: Cian D.
Age: 11
Title: Cuckoo Song
Author: Frances Hardinge
Publisher: Amulet Books
Pub Date: 05/12/15
Galley: No
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I liked how it wasn't too realistic - they used lots of imagination. For example, one person can make it snow. There were lots of twists and turns. You can't predict what will happen next. I'd give an example, but I wouldn't want to spoil it. The author described events in the book well. There was a part where they were riding a motorcycle and the author described how the character felt. It stuck with me. As I got further it got more intresting and I liked it more.
Memorable or Forgettable: It wasn't too far outside of reality. There weren't Griffins or Unicorns. The parts outside of reality mixed well with their reality. It was very unique and was unlike any book I've read before.
Cover: The cover looked interesting and scary which did tempt me to pick up the book and read the back. Though I think the cover only reflects a small part of the story. It would be hard to make a cover for this book that didn't give away part of the plot.
Age Range: 12 through 13
Quality: 5Q - Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 4P - Broad general teen appeal


tags:  fantasy / changelings / ya lit



No comments: