Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls - YA Review by Sophie F



Reader: Sophie F.
Age: 14
Title: Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls
Author: Lynn Weingarten
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pub Date: 07/07/15
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: The plot of this book was strong until a little over halfway. There is an unexpected twist that wasn't to my taste and that lessened my liking of the whole book. The narration was fine - towards the end it switches several times which was refreshing because the narrator gets a bit tedious. The only characters developed were June and Delia. Everyone else was just boring.
Memorable or Forgettable: This book started out pretty good, but once I was over half way, it turned into something not as good as I had hoped it would be. There was an unexpected twist that I did not enjoy. At all.
Cover: The cover was very fitting of the book. It draws you in, making you wonder what the story was behind the burnt matches. It was also very simple, which gave it even more allure.
Age Range: 12 through 15
Quality: 2Q - Needs more work
Popularity: 3P - Some teen appeal


tags:  suspense / ya lit



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow I can't wait to get my hands on this book!

www.bitesomebooks.blogspot.com