Lauren Yanofsky Hates the Holocaust - YA Review by Katie J


Reader: Katie J
Age: 13
Title: Lauren Yanofsky Hates the Holocaust
Author: Leanne Lieberman
Publisher: Orca Book Publishers
Pub Date: 04/01/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: Yes
Convince us to read the book: This was a great book. One reason I like it is because it let me see into the life of a teenage Jewish girl named Lauren who doesn't like being Jewish and hates the Holocaust.  While juggling family problems, friend problems, and the dread of high school, Lauren Yanofsky must make a decision that could challenge her friendships.
Memorable or Forgettable:  I really like the way this book was written. One reason I liked it was because it allowed me to see into the head of a Jewish teenager who hates her religion.  This was good because I like seeing into other teenagers heads, so I thought this book was almost written for me.
Cover: The cover was a bit weird, but it was interesting.
Age Range: 14 through 15
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal
Annotation:  Lauren, a teenage Jew, is sick of hearing about the Holocaust, but must make a tough decision when some of her friends play Nazi war games.

tags:  coming of age / Holocaust / high school / ya lit



No comments: