Crazy

Reader: Payton G.
Age: 15
Title: Crazy
Author: Han Nolan
Publisher: Harcourt Children's Books
Pub Date: 09/??/2010
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: Yes
Recommend: Yes
Annotation: Jason has had a hard life. His mom is dead, his dad is nuts, and his house is falling apart around him. Oh, not to mention the voices in his head to whom he narrates his life and has conversations with. Is Jason also crazy? That's up to you to determine.
Convince us to read the book: I would say that it is a story of a boy who has had a tough life, and has witty input from his cast of imaginary friends, which he responds to.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I most liked that while this wasn't an AVERAGE teenager, it wasn't totally on the other side of the spectrum. I was happy with the lack of vampires/werewolves/paranormal beings featured.
Cover: I really like the cover. It was what initially drew me to the book. I think that it's very eye-catching. However, I don't think it really reflected the contents of the book. There's no significance for the neon stripes featured. Nevertheless, it's a good cover.
Did you finish: Yes
Age Range: 14- 18 and up
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

No comments: