The Espressologist

Reader: Jessica P
Age: 16
Title: The Espressologist
Author: Kristina Springer
Publisher: Farrar Straus Giroux
Pub Date: 9/15/09
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: No
Recommend: No
Compelling Aspect of the Book: So here's a simple story of this lazy teenager who gets pushed around by the 'popular' girls and has come up with a way at her work to "matchmake." It is as easy as taking out a notebook and jotting a few characteristics of costumers.
Did you finish: Yes
Were you disappointed with the book at all: The only thing that disappointed me was the fact that it wasn't quite what I enjoy reading. It was “summer fluff.” I would understand that younger teens would enjoy reading this book.
Did the cover tempt you and/or reflect the contents of the book: The cover art did not capture me truly. I like the idea of an 'espressologist' even though I did not quite know what one was. So that tempted me to learn more and read the book.
Age Range: 12-13, 14-15
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal

No comments: